A Clean Routine
- Great dental hygiene starts with routine cleanings for your child with a pediatric dentist. During appointments, we’ll show your child how to floss, brush and develop a great health care regimen he or she can carry into adulthood. We make regularly scheduled cleanings a time of discovery as our team identifies and talks about each instrument they use.
- Our playful and professional dental hygienists will perform your child’s cleanings.
- They use various instruments and devices to loosen and remove deposits such as stains, tartar and plaque from teeth.
- Routine cleanings give our dentists a chance to locate problem areas that need special attention.
- We may also recommend special treatments such as fluoride and sealants. We also engage the littlest patients with an activity called “Tell, Show, Do.” We tell them about the tickly brush, show them on their finger, and then brush their teeth. Routine dental cleanings are essential for preventive care.
- We recommend cleanings twice a year for all pediatric patients in our care. During our cleanings, your child’s hygienist will talk about healthy habits, such as brushing, flossing and smart snacking.
- At the end of the exam, your child will recite to you and the hygienist how often they should brush and floss their teeth.
Children also get to pick a surprise from the prize wall. Plus, we treat new patients to a T-shirt. It’s our way of saying, “Welcome to the family!” Your child’s visit won’t just be a routine cleaning. It’s a time for smiles, high-fives, and new healthy habits.